Help design the next generation of DB, DPP, and DSS for customers all over the world !
As a Data Engineer, you will be working for our client, one of the largest Fintech in the world. You will be responsible for development, design, maintenance of new and existing databases, data streaming solutions and data processing pipelines. Creates stable and reliable systems and management methods to efficiently access information stored in databases. Creates data ingestion jobs as well as prepares data layer for analytical purposes.
Your main responsibilities: Design stable, reliable and effective databases, data processing pipelines and data streaming solutions
- Performance tuning, optimization and maintenance of data systems
- Modify databases and streaming systems according to specifications and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with other developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
You’re ideal for this role if you have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar position within a dynamic and fast paced environment
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Experience with data processing tools and creation of data pipelines (Spark, Hadoop, cloud native solutions, …)
- Experience with ETL tools (preferably Oracle Data Integrator)
- Familiarity with relational (preferably Oracle) and non-relational databases
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS preferably), knowledge of SaaS/PaaS futures
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code software tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Familiarity with data modelling concepts (Inmon, Kimball, Data Vault, …)
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very good command of English
It’s strong plus if you have:
- Understanding business needs, experience in cooperation with business, gathering business requirements, creating diagrams and documentation of mappings.
- Experience in performance tuning.
- Java/Python experience.
- Knowledge of user interface web applications
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal number #3780