Become a FOSS Hero and provide Proper Open-Source Licensing to one of the leaders in the Financial Industry!
Wroclaw – based opportunity with the possibility to work 100% remotely!
As a Software Licensing Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering the best solutions and supporting the definition of new policies, processes, and controls that contribute to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) development.
Your main responsibilities:Providing guidance and support to technical teams on the implications of FOSS Licensing on their applications
- Analyzing license/copyright aspects of new FOSS software acquisition requests from engineering teams
- Utilizing the current FOSS licensing toolset to highlight any risks/issues and liaise with appropriate parties to address them
- Working closely as a part of the FOSS team to continuously improve the FOSS Control process. This can include:
- Reviewing existing treatment of Open-Source licenses and recommending any changes
- Categorizing licenses not recognized by automation into Client defined categories
- Contributing to training and awareness of licensing implications within engineering teams
- Guiding, coaching, and leading the FOSS licensing analysts in the team
- Supporting the selection, assessment, and development of license evaluation tools
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- Strong knowledge of Open-Source licenses, their obligations, and implications
- Experience in analyzing Open-Source components and their licenses
- Knowledge of the use of at least one Open-Source scanning tool
- Background knowledge of software licensing agreement terminology
- Experience in working with Legal support to interpret software license agreements
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint
- Strong communication skills
It is a strong plus if you have:
- Cooperation with legal and engineering teams
- Experience with Open-Source software from a usage or contribution perspective
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, DevSecOps
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Exposure to tooling such as Nexus IQ Server, FOSSology or similar
- Legal training/copyright law training
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itds.pl.
Internal number #3099