Together, we’ll shape the future of technology, and redefine what’s possible!
Krakow-based opportunity with the possibility to work 90% remotely!
As a Google Kubernetes Engineer, you will be supporting the migration of various products to a new GKE environment. You will be responsible for ensuring high release cadence, zero downtime, and implementing home-built solutions to problem-solving. This role requires taking full ownership of the end-to-end delivery process, from idea inception to production deployment. We are seeking individuals who thrive in a collaborative team environment, and bring innovative ideas, and solutions to the table. Your contributions will challenge existing notions, and redefine excellence in software delivery. You will be working for for one of the world’s largest banking, and financial services organizations.
Your main responsibilities: Delivering change to production daily
- Working closely with the wider development team, and product owners to build solutions suited to business needs
- Providing production support for the day-to-day running of the products you are building
- Building, and maintaining distributed containerized platforms in production
- Reviewing, designing, and re-engineering processes with new technologies to improve performance
- Supporting knowledge sharing in the GKE space to help the whole team develop skills to support our infrastructure
- Working closely with a globally distributed team to ensure round-the-clock support, and development of our products
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD principles, and practices, including developing new tools
- Strong knowledge of platform, and systems architecture, driving architectural decisions, and working with microservices, and containerization
- Proficiency in Cloud Native Technologies such as GKE, GCP, and Docker
- Experience in JVM tuning, and diagnostics for troubleshooting, and performance optimization
- Familiarity with traditional technologies like Bash/Shell, Java, Unix/Linux, and GitHub
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure/services, particularly Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Excellent spoken, and written communication skills within a global organization
- Proven ability to triage tasks under pressure, and make informed priority judgments
- Curiosity, and interest in modern engineering disciplines, and techniques
- Understanding of customer needs, and commitment to delivering excellent service
- Ability to make prompt, and practical business decisions, even in ambiguous situations
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment, and providing production support
- Fluent English
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Internal number #3962