Join the global team for building and supporting Middleware elements of project delivery in the Banking area!
Kraków based opportunity with the possibility to work 100% remote!
As a Middleware Support Engineer you will work for our Client – one of the most prestigious investment banks in the world. You will join a global expert line support team to support the build and maintenance of physical and virtual middleware components on Linux server across high tier and crown jewel services The role will include some element of production support of the existing estate and will involve some flexibility for working occasional weekends to cover releases.
Your main responsibilities: Installing, configuring and supporting WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Liberty Profile, IBM HTTP Server, IBM MQ and other Middleware components
- Patching (WebSphere/Liberty, MQM and Standalone Java)
- Responding to tickets and work requests from various customers
- Managing multiple tasks in a well-organized manner, focusing effort on priority items
- Assisting with longer term vision of migration to cloud and DevOps orientated tooling’s
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Documenting new processes and changes to existing processes
You’re ideal for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience with in-depth knowledge of SSL administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with application servers: IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, WebSphere Liberty Profile, IBM MQ
- Strong experience in Operating Systems – Linux (Red Hat, Solaris), UNIX; Virtualization – VMWare
- Basic development experience (Maven)
- Basic Python scripting experience
- Network experience (Load Balancing, DNS, SSL, NFS)
- Ability to work independently, identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions and communicate effectively through resolution
- Openness to participate in shifts and occasionally weekend support
- Experience with JIRA
- Fluent English
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itds.pl.
Internal number #2995