Take part in one of the largest implementations of a unified data strategy for protecting the firm’s and clients’ data!
Warsaw-based opportunity with the possibility to work remotely up to 4 days a week!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will design solutions for our Client – one of the most prestigious Investment Banks in the world. You will be a part of a talented junior and senior developers team, technical architects, and functional analysts. The goal of this team is the implementation of a unified data strategy to be adopted by the various engineering teams based on the firm’s data platforms.
Your key responsibilities: deliver high-profile projects using modern technologies
- You’ll engage with data producers and consumers across all areas of the business to understand their requirements and propose solutions tailored to their needs.
- You’ll program in Java and model data using Pure/Legend – a data management and data governance open-source platform that you will learn on the job
- You’ll work with other technologies like RESTful services, Maven/Gradle, Apache Spark, BigData, HTML 5, AngularJs/ReactJs, IntelliJ, Gitlab, and Jira.
- You’ll be involved in building the next generation of finance systems on AWS in which you’ll get exposure to AWS S3, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, EMR and more.
- You’ll have significant autonomy in designing and writing solutions to help our stakeholders deliver for the firm’s clients.
- You’ll be encouraged to suggest improvements to products and to propose ways, in which we can add value for our stakeholders.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Software Developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in Relational Databases
- A clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Entrepreneurial approach and passion for problem-solving and product development
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- No prior finance experience required – opportunities to learn and develop finance knowledge will be provided
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience with the Spring Framework or equivalent application development framework
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itds.pl.
Internal number #2641