Join one of the largest universal banks in Europe!
Warsaw-based opportunity with possibility to work partly remotely
As a Cobol Developer you will work for our Client – a leading European universal bank offering a wide range of banking and financial services in northern Europe. You will be responsible for the development of a new common API platform serving bank customers. You will be part of a dedicated agile team and part of a digital Hub located in all Nordic countries and Poland.
Your main responsibilities: Develop, code, test, and debug Cobol programs to meet business requirements and maintain system functionality
- Collaborate with business analysts to gather and translate functional requirements into technical designs and solutions
- Maintain and enhance existing Cobol applications by implementing updates, fixes, and improvements
- Perform comprehensive unit testing and integration testing to validate the reliability and accuracy of developed code
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, providing effective and efficient solutions to ensure optimal application performance
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including program specifications and user manuals.
- Participate in system design and architecture discussions, offering insights and recommendations
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- At least 4 years of experience as a Cobol Developer
- Experience as a Cobol Developer with a strong track record of successful projects
- Experience with DB2 or other relational database management systems
- Knowledge of database management systems and SQL
- Knowledge of web services and API integration
- Experience with CICS for online transaction processing, and VSAM for high-performance data management on mainframes
- Ability to work with IBM Mainframe environment
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal number #4051