Make your mark in the world of data engineering by joining us!
Krakow-based opportunity with the possibility to work up to 90% remotely!
As a Data Engineer, you will be working for our client, a leading financial institution, to contribute to their Global Business Insights (GBI) Transformation program. The program aims to integrate, and optimize data pipelines, models, and reporting views to enable data-driven decision-making across multiple time intervals, and organizational segments.
Your main responsibilities: Designing, building, testing, and deploying Google Cloud data models, and transformations in BigQuery, and Datafusion
- Optimizing data views for specific visualization use cases, leveraging schema design techniques like partitions, indexes, and down-sampling
- Reviewing, interpreting, and implementing business, and technical requirements
- Collaborating with the team to refine user stories, epics, and backlogs using Jira
- Onboarding new data sources, and building data ingest pipelines using GCP DataFusion, Spark, and other technologies
- Managing code artifacts, and CI/CD processes using tools like Git, Jenkins, and Google Secrets Manager
- Estimating, committing, and delivering requirements within scope, quality, and time expectations
- Protecting the solution with appropriate authorization, authentication, and data encryption measures
- Developing procedures, and scripts for data migration, back-population, and initialization
- Maintaining a good quality knowledge base, wiki, and admin pages for the solution
You’re ideal for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in database design, development, and administration of Traditional/Cloud Databases & Data Warehouses
- Recent experience in developing, refactoring, and optimizing SQL/T-SQL procedures in BigQuery or equivalent Cloud Databases
- Good understanding of GCP Core, and Data Products, including architecting, and design patterns
- Data preparation, wrangling, and refactoring skills, especially within Data Science pipelines
- Experience in user interface data visualization, editing, and usage in web or dashboard interfaces
- Solid knowledge, and experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies, and collaboration tools like JIRA, and Confluence
- BS/MS degree in Computer/Data Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills in English
- Enthusiastic willingness to rapidly learn, and develop technical, and soft skills
- Strong organizational, and multitasking abilities
- Good team player mindset with a passion for working in a fast-paced environment
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal number #3971