Join us, and drive efficiency through advanced technology implementations
Krakow-based opportunity with the possibility to work 90% remotely!
As a UNIX/Linux Senior Specialist, you will be working for our client, a global financial institution, within the Payments IT department’s Infrastructure delivery team. This team is instrumental in building and supporting infrastructure across various technologies, including Linux, MQ, WAS, and Oracle. Your role is crucial in meeting the real-time demands of customers by rapidly delivering robust infrastructure, ensuring the availability and stability of services.
Your main responsibilities: reviewing user requirements, identifying problems, and providing direction for potential resolutions
- Installing/configuring Linux operating environments, storage, and tooling products, applying best practices for performance, reliability, and security
- Troubleshooting server-related network and operating system issues
- Participating in planning and executing business IT projects requiring Linux system build-out and delivery
- Evaluating server provisioning processes and implementing process improvements aligned with DevOps methodologies
- Developing, maintaining, and preparing documentation for installation and configuration procedures
- Providing consultancy as a subject matter expert on system-related solutions for various business IT projects and operational needs
- Configuring VxVM/LVM file systems, undertaking firmware upgrades, and setting up high availability clusters at server and application levels
- Managing IT-related projects, including new technology implementations and rollouts
- Setting up automation using shell scripts to increase efficiency and reduce task time
- Providing full-scope day-to-day Production Support services, resolving live incidents, and conducting post-resolution problem management activities
You’re ideal for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in high-frequency change, specifically in automated CICD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration (Red Hat 6/7/8 and Solaris)
- Substantial experience in Veritas Volume Manager/File System and Cluster Server (VCS v7) installation and administration
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Active contribution to team development and advancement
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities based on business needs
- Working knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies, TCP/IP networking, and basic infrastructure services
- Experience with enterprise management tools (BMC, HPSA, VMware vSphere, etc.)
- Strong understanding of technology layers in the application landscape
- Ability to work on weekends approximately 1 week in every 3 for change implementation (frequency may vary).
- Ability to work beyond their standard hours to complete critical or urgent pieces of work
It is a strong plus if you have:
- Experience in Payments
- Industry-standard certifications for UNIX/Linux domain
- Background in Microsoft Windows Server technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Internal number #4503