Join us, and shape a dynamic tomorrow in cutting-edge IT environments!
Krakow-based opportunity with the possibility to work 80% remotely!
As a Production Engineer, you will be working for our client, a global financial institution, specifically within the Payments IT department’s Production Engineering Team. The team oversees technical operations for global Payments Execution, Messaging & Orchestration, and Sanctions & Investigation services. In this mission-critical environment, your focus will be on Cross-Border and Cross-Currency Payments as well as Domestic Payments, ensuring the availability and stability of the platform.
Your main responsibilities: provide comprehensive day-to-day Production Support services, resolving live incidents, and conducting post-resolution problem management activities
- Offer technical expertise to identify the root cause of major system problems
- Implement locally developed solutions using Script Shell, Java, Bash, Python, and Perl
- Contribute to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Implement and coordinate the Target Operating Model, focusing on automation, toil reduction, incident reduction, service stability increase, adoption of modern technologies, and monitoring/alerting using AppDynamics
- Review, design, and re-engineer processes with new technologies to improve performance
- Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts, and process improvements
- Build and maintain distributed containerized platforms in production
- Install new software releases provided by the vendor
- Support various testing activities related to new implementations
- Work closely with stakeholders located worldwide
- Evaluate, develop, and apply appropriate tools to analyze the architecture
- Participate in validating data, development, and testing activities
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis and data reconciliations to identify anomalies
You’re ideal for this role if you have:
- Experience managing a wide spectrum of stakeholders and showing the ability to manage upwards
- Experience in high-frequency change, specifically in the adoption, engineering, and execution of automated CICD pipelines
- Strong understanding of technology layers in the application landscape, storage, OS, network, database, and application
- Demonstrable excellent spoken and written communication skills across the global organization
- Proven triage capability under pressure, able to make strong priority judgments at runtime balancing contending demands
- Technical curiosity with a progressive interest in modern engineering disciplines and techniques
- Understanding of customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service
- Prompt and practical decision-making, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment and assisting in production support
- Proficiency in traditional technologies: Bash/Shell, Groovy or Java, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, GitHub
- Fluent English
It is a strong plus if you have:
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Polish, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Internal number #4500